Bank of India clerical exam papers 2 is a continuation from Bank of India clerical exam English Language paper 1. People who have already read the Bank of India English Solved papers 1 can continue reading the remaining questions.
Directions—(Q. 26–30) In each sentence below four words have been printed in bold which are lettered (A), (B), (C) and (D). One of these words may be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the wrongly spelt or inappropriate word. The letter of that word is the answer. If all the words are correctly spelt and are appropriate the answer is (E), i.e. ‘All correct’.
26. My gole (A) is to acquire (B) a position (C) of authority (D) and respect within the organization. All correct (E)
27. The refusal (A) of the Ministry to clear pending (B) dues is a course (C) for concern (D) . All correct (E)
28. He was convinced (A) that discipline (B) and hard work would result (C) in dividents (D) in the long run. All correct (E)
29. This is a company which believes (A) in transparency (B) and appointment is done strictly (C) on merit (D). All correct (E)
30. There will be a decline (A) in the probability (B) of oil companies because of the hike (C) in oil prices (D). All correct (E)
Directions—(Q. 31–40) Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it.The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (E) i.e. ‘No error’. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)
31. The revised government’s (A) /guidelines have reduced (B)/ the number of mergers (C) / taking place among banks. (D) No error (E)
32. I do not know (A) / who of the (B) /new trainees should (C) / be confirmed. (D) No error (E)
33. To promote India as (A) / a tourist destination (B)/ the government has organized (C) / many cultural programmes. (D) No error (E)
34. Banks in India (A) / cannot open ATMs (B)/ except obtaining (C) / approval from RBI. (D) No error (E)
35. Today the success of (A) / companies depends on the (B)/ quality of their products and(C) /efficient managing staff. (D) No error (E)
36. Ashok has managed to (A) / achieve his sales targets (B)/ for the quarter very easily (C) / than we expected. (D) No error (E)
37. He did not grant (A) / their request for a loan (B)/ although it would (C) / displease his boss. (D) No error (E)
38. At present oil companies (A) / are making a loss of (B)/ rupees five on all (C) / litre of petrol that they sell. (D) No error (E)
39. The manager’s belief that (A) / Ramesh is (B)/ incompetent is not (C) / necessary true. (D) No error (E)
40. Since I was doing (A) / my MBA I initially (B)/ chose to specialize (C) / in marketing management. (D) No error (E)
Bank of India English Question Paper 2 – question no. 41 to 50 are as follows
Directions—(Q. 41–50) In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. He was a charismatic leader, an entrepreneur and a highly effective manager all rolled into one. As a leader, he …(41)… the company’s growth plan in a dedicated manner and he never …(42)… focus. The cement industry in those days was doing badly. …(43)… to everyone’s expectations he sanctioned an additional plant in …(44)… time. He was …(45)… that since the cement industry was cyclic in nature, by the time the plant was …(46)… the market would have improved. It did happen and the
decision brought rich …(47)… when the plant was commissioned. Not only was he a great entrepreneur but he also …(48)… all his senior people to be ‘practising entrepreneurs’. I have seen a similar example at the Asian Institute of Management, which allows its professors to …(49)… their own business. This made their lectures
more practical and less theoretical. It is the …(50)… of the Institute’s success.
41. (A) achieved
42. (A) moved
43. (A) Contrary
44. (A) any
45. (A) known
46. (A) operational
47. (A) supply
48. (A) thought
49. (A) expand
50. (A) responsibility
Bank of India English Question Paper 2 – Answers from 26 to 50 are as follows,
26. (A) Correct spelling is ‘goal’.
27. (C) Correct spelling is ‘cause’.
28. (D) Correct spelling is ‘dividends’.
29. (E) 30. (B)
31. (A) Write ‘the government’s revised’.
32. (B) Write ‘which of the’.
33. (C) Write ‘the government is organizing’.
34. (C) Write ‘without obtaining’.
35. (D) Write ‘efficient managerial staff’.
36. (C) Change ‘very easily’ to ‘more easily’.
37. (C) Write ‘even though it would’.
38. (C) Write ‘each in place of ‘all’.
39. (D) Write ‘necessarily true’.
40. (B) Delete ‘my’.
41. (B) 42. (C) 43. (A) 44. (D) 45. (B)
46. (A) 47. (C) 48. (E) 49. (D) 50. (B)
Do visit us for more information regarding Bank of India English Question Paper 2 , Bank exam model question paper download , bank exam materials , Bank exam model question papers.