Oriental Bank of Commerce English Solved Question Paper 2 is continuation from Oriental Bank of Commerce English Language Solved Paper 1..
ENGLISH LANGUAGE /ENGLISH TEST:
26. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
27. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
28. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
29. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
30. Which of the following should be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement ?
Directions—(Q. 31 to 40) Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (E). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
31. Senior citizens prefer (A) / banks which (B) / branches are located (C) / near their homes. (D) No error (E)
32. In the latest statistics (A) / China supplies more than (B) / ninety per cent of the (C) / steel imported by India. (D) No error (E)
33. We shall be calling a meeting (A) / next week to assess (B) / the causes of frequently (C) / delays in infrastructure projects. (D) No error (E)
34. Although it has received (A) / clearance from RBI the bank (B) / has decided not to open (C) / their office in Hongkong. (D) No error (E)
35. Most of the tribals (A) / in the region (B) / are depended on the forest (C) / to earn their livelihoods. (D) No error (E)
36. After graduating from college (A) / having an engineering degree (B) / he received a job offer (C) / from a reputed American firm. (D) No error (E)
37. In order for (A) / the scheme to be (B) / successful we require as (C) / much as twenty investors. (D) No error (E)
38. The insurance company has plans (A) / to hire 30,000 agents (B) / at a time when (C) / most companies are cutting jobs. (D) No error (E)
39. One of the important lesson (A) / he taught me was to save (B) / at least thirty per cent (C) / of my gross income. (D) No error (E)
40. Due to the financial crisis (A) / the price of foodgrains (B) / has risen sharply (C) / over the past few months. (D) No error (E)
Directions—(Q. 41 to 50) In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
One day an expert in time management was …(41)… to a group of business management students and to drive home a point he used and …(42)… they will never forget. As he stood in front of a group of brilliant students he said, “Okay it’s …(43)… for a quiz.” He then pulled out a one gallon jar and set it on the table in front of him. He also …(44)… a dozen fist sized rocks and carefully placed them one at a time into the jar. When the jar was filled to the top and …(45)… more rocks would fit inside, he asked, “Is the jar full ?” Everyone in the class …(46)… said ‘Yes!’
The professor said nothing. He then …(47)… under the table and pulled out a bucket of gravel. He dumped some gravel into the jar and shook it …(48)… pieces of gravel to work themselves down into the spaces between the big rocks. He asked the group once more, “Is the jar full ?” ‘Probably not.’ some answered. ‘Good !’ he said and began …(49)… sand to the contents in the jar. The sand fitted into the spaces between the rocks and gravel. He also poured water into the jar. “What was the point of this exercise ?” he asked. “The point is that no matter how busy your schedule is you can always manage to fit something in.” replied one student. ‘No’ said the professor, “The truth is if you don’t fit in the rocks which symbolize the …(50)… things in your life like your family and your dreams first, you’ll never have time for them.”
41. (A) addressing
42. (A) imagination
43. (A) ready
44. (A) made
45. (A) any
46. (A) definite
47. (A) reached
48. (A) making
49. (A) filling
50. (A) important
Answers from 26 to 50 are as follows:
26. (B) 27. (D) 28. (C) 29. (E) 30. (C) 31. (B) 32. (A) 33. (C) 34. (D) 35. (C) 36. (B) 37. (D) 38. (D) 39. (A) 40. (A) 41. (C) 42. (E) 43. (D) 44. (B) 45. (B) 46. (E) 47. (A) 48. (C) 49. (D) 50. (A)
Do visit us for more information regarding bank exam solved paper, bank exam in India, bank jobs in India, bank exam books in India.