Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper 2 is a continuation from Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper 1 . People who have already read the Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper 1 can continue reading the remaining questions.
Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper 2
Section : English language
21. Who according to the passage conferred the authority to PA?
(1) Arafat (2) Israel (3) Militant groups (4) International community (5) None of these
Ans:( 4 ) International community
22. Which of the following can restore the degenerating authority of the PA?
A. Arresting the expansion of Jewish settlements
B. Easening the economic blockade of Palestinian towns
(1) Only A (2) Only B (3) Either A or B (4) Both A and B together (5) Neither A or B
Ans:( 4 ) Both A and B together
23. Which of the following is the most opposite in meaning as the word shrunk as used in
(1) Coming forward (2) Abdicating (3) Control (4) Expand (5) None of these
Ans:( 1 ) Coming forward
24. What may be the affect of continuous Israeli attacks?
(1) It may harness a negative attitude amongst the civilPalestinians
(2) It may destroy militancy from its basic roots
(3) It may revitalize the weakening leadership of the PA
(4) It may enhance militant activities
(5) None of these
Ans:( 4 ) It may enhance militant activities
25. What dangers are being perceived by the International Community?
(1) Both the nations may get destroyed if war erupts
(2) The PA and Israel will never strike a deal
(3) The attacks against the PA may destroy the balance of power in Palestinians
(4) The militancy may spread in other countries also
(5) None of these
Ans:( 3 ) The attacks against the PA may destroy the balance of power in Palestinians
Directions (Qs. 26 to 35) :In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:
Whatever prosperity India enjoyed in the seventeenth century disappeared when the Mughal Empire ???(26) apart. The most immediate cause of this breakdown was the religious intolerance, which led to the open rebellion. It was to ???(27) these revolts that the bigot ruler spent ???(28) years in the field, with immense armies consuming the
revenues of the country. There were, however, more deep-seated ???(29) The corruption of officials and the oppression of the masses steadily ???(30) away the empire?s life blood. For sometime, there had been a noticeable deterioration in the character of the ruling class. Wars of succession ???(31) wiped out the leading families, and new blood from central Asia was no ???(32) recruited for the higher governmental posts. Finally, the Mughal Empire was an alien regime. It continues to be so ???(33) Akbar?s policy of conciliation was abandoned, and it wore itself out trying to maintain its power ???(34) the ceaseless opposition, only now and then overt but always present, of the ???(35) citizens.
26. (1) Joined
Ans:( 2 ) Broke
27. (1) Run out
Ans: ( 3 ) Crush
28. (1) No
Ans:( 3 ) Many
Ans:( 4 ) Causes
Ans:( 1 ) Drained
Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper 2 Question No.31 to 40 :
Ans:( 5 ) Had
Ans:( 1 ) Longer
Ans:( 4 ) After
Ans:( 3 ) Against
Ans:( 1 ) Discontented
Directions (Qs. 36 to 40) :Pick out the most effective word/phrase from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentences meaningfully complete:
36. Tiwari?s weill-wishers went to the extreme to _____ his business reputation.
(1)Speak (2)Enhance (3)Cajole (4)Provoke (5)Advocate
Ans:( 2 ) Enhance
37. A group of junior college boys _____ the highest peak of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas.
(1)Scaled (2)Walked (3)Climb up (4)Avoided (5)Won
Ans:( 1 ) Scaled
38. A special programme to raise the standard of living of the village folks has been _____ by the Government.
(1)Affixed (2)Stalled (3)Glued (4)Launched (5)Propose
Ans:( 4 ) Launched
39. A herd of elephants _____ ready to attack the lion.
(1)Were (2)Is (3)Was (4)Are (5)Has been
Ans:( 2 ) Is
40.It is not possible this year to run this company with so many employees, without increasing the _____ of deficit.
(1)Loss (2)Altitude (3)Gain (4)Magnitude (5)Extend
Ans:( 4 ) Magnitude
Do visit us for more information regarding Reserve Bank Of India English language Paper , Bank Exam Questions , Bank Exam Model Questions