Union Bank of India po exam English Paper 2 – Given below are the English Language solved paper of Union Bank of India exam held on 7th sep 2008 . Union Bank of India po exam English Paper 2 is a continuation from Union Bank of India English Language Paper 1 .
Directions—(Q. 26–30) Rearrange the following six sentences (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them—
1. It was a cycling race launched in 1903, by Henri Desgrange, a magazine editor in Paris.
2. The Tour de France is a test of human endurance.
3. His idea worked and the magazine boomed.
4. His aim was to boost the circulation of his magazine.
5. He wanted to achieve this by covering every stage of the three week long, 3,500 kilometre long cycling race.
6. Till today the race remains more popular than he could ever have dreamed.
26. Which of the following should be the first sentence after rearrangement ?
27. Which of the following should be the second sentence after rearrangement ?
28. Which of the following should be the third sentence after rearrangement ?
29. Which of the following should be the fifth sentence after rearrangement ?
30. Which of the following should be the sixth (Last) sentence after rearrangement ?
Directions—(Q. 31–40) Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The letters of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (E). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
31. On account of the week (A) / long strike the factory (B) / was forced to close and (C) / next month’s shipment will delay. (D) No error. (E)
32. Since the US economy experiences (A) / a recession many Asian countries (B) / are likely to have (C) / reduced growth rates this year. (D) No error. (E)
33. Oil is now so expensive that (A) / India will have to cut subsidies (B) / instead face running out (C) / of funds to import oil. (D) No error. (E)
34. It is unlikely that you will (A) / find a more qualified and experience (B) / candidate than Mr. Prasad (C) / for the post of President. (D) No error. (E)
35. On account of the rising (A) / costs many people are (B) / finding it difficult (C) / to feed their
families. (D) No error. (E)
36. By marketing agriculture (A) / products well, we (B) / can ensure that (C) / farmers make a good
profit. (D) No error. (E)
Union Bank of India po exam English Paper 2 question No. 37 to 50
37. The promotion means (A) /that you may be (B) / post in Chennai (C) / from next month. (D) No error. (E)
38. This project is (A) / too big to (B) / undertake successfully at (C) / such short of notice. (D) No error. (E)
39. When our company was (A) / faced financial difficulties (B) / the training budget was (C) / the first to be cut. (D) No error. (E)
40. Conservationists believe that (A)/better management of national parks (B)/is the only way to save (C)/India’s tiger population from extinction. (D) No error. (E)
Directions—(Q. 41–50) In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. In July 2008, one of the most inspiring leaders of our times, will …(41)… his ninetieth birthday. Nelson Mandela retired from politics in 1999, but he has remained …(42)…, continuing his work through the Nelson Mandela Foundation. The foundation has launched an Aids awareness campaign, 46664, named …(43)… Mandela’s prison number. He has also set up a scholarship programme whose …(44)… was to promote leadership among young Africans. During the 1990s, …(45)… I worked with Mr. Mandela on his autobiography “Long Walk to Freedom”, I …(46)… his leadership first hand. During his election campaign we were on board a plane discussing his book. Twenty minutes …(47)… to landing the engine failed. Many began to panic. The only thing that …(48)… them was looking at Mandela, who was reading his paper as if he was a passenger on a morning train to work. The plane landed safely and when we got into the car taking us to the hotel he …(49)… to me, “I was terrified on the plane !” As a leader he realized he was a model for others and this gave him the strength to …(50)… over his own fear.
41. (A) tribute
42. (A) resigned
43. (A) by
44. (A) wish
45. (A) when
46. (A) felt
47. (A) before
48. (A) calmed
49. (A) speaks
50. (A) success
Union Bank of India po exam English Paper 2 – Answers from 26 to 50 are as follows,
26. (B) 27. (A) 28. (D) 29. (C) 30. (E) 31. (D) 32. (A) 33. (C) 34. (B) 35. (E) ,36. (A) 37. (C) 38. (C) 39. (B) 40. (E) 41. (D) 42. (B) 43. (C) 44. (E) 45. (A) ,46. (C) 47. (D) 48. (A) 49. (B) 50. (E)
Do visit us for more information regarding Union Bank of India po exam English Paper , Bank exam solved question papers , Bank exam question papers pdf , Bank exam model question paper download.